Wednesday 22 December 2010

I am useless at Christmas.


I tend to get really excited mid September for a few days a bit before my birthday, and then I pretty much forget about it, and put off buying presents etc, because I think I have LOADS of time, until about the 22nd of December. At this point I usually realise that I actually don’t have loads of time, only a couple of days in fact, which may be plenty for an organised person, but really isn’t for me. So then I spaz around town for eight hours, picking out crappy presents that I really like but will just obtain raised eyebrows from my friends (last year I got my mum a remote control rat that had sticky feet so it could climb up walls and this year I bought a thing like a cookie cutter but its for toast and says ‘fuck you’ on it. I think I’ll give it to my dad or Craig), and then get home and stay up all night (life on the edge, I know) sticking bits of shell to cardboard for everyone I couldn’t find anything real for.

Also, until a few years ago I used to be in charge of sorting out the tree, which was ridiculous because I always forgot about that too. Then one year I actually didn’t get anything sorted until about five minutes before Christmas, and we ended up with a branch off of our neighbours’, stuck in an urn with some fairy lights and a defaced Barbie on top, and now I’m not allowed to be in charge of anything important, which is probably quite a good idea actually.

Here is a nice music video from youtube featuring some of Newcastles’s finest.


The one on the far right looks like Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment